AIC 2014: Colors, Culture and Identity
- Interim Meeting of the International Color Association
- 21-24 October 2014
- Oaxaca, Mexico
The Interim Meeting 2014 of the International Color Association, under the theme "Colors, Culture and Identity: Past, Present and Future", will be held in Hotel Misióon de los Ángeles Oaxaca, located at Calzada Porfirio Díaz No. 102, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Deadline for submission of abstracts: April 30, 2014.
- ART AND DESIGN: Plastic arts, graphic design, industrial design, fashion and trends, architecture, interior design, packaging, photography, advertising, personal image and cosmetology.
- HISTORY AND FOLKLORE: Anthropology, Archaeology, Textile design, popular art, color and identity, crafts, global cultures, local cultures and restoration.
- HUMAN DISCIPLINES AND SCIENCES: Psychologies, Perception, Sociology, Psychophysics and Ethnography.
- SEMIOTICS AND TEACHING: Meanings of colors, teaching technologies, advertising and communication.
- TECHNOLOGY AND INDUSTRY: dyes, food engineering, computing, measuring instruments, art materials and production of natural and artificial pigments.
- SCIENCE AND COLOR: Physics, optics, chemistry, neurology, illumination, medicine and chromo therapy.
AIC 2013: Bringing Color to Life
- 12th Congress of the International Color Association
- 8-12 July 2013
- The Sage Gateshead, United Kingdom
The 12th International Congress of the International Colour Association (AIC) will be held 8-12 July 2013 at The Sage Gateshead (UK). The main theme of the 2013 conference will be "Bringing Colour to Life". This theme will be developed in several complementary directions. First, in the practical sense of colour production and reproduction; second in the sense of colour in nature; and third in the sense of the ways in which colour can be used sustainably now and in the future. We often hear stories about the negative impact of colour on the environment (e.g., the cost of packaging, the high quantity of textiles sent to landfill, and the environmental effect of effluent). This Congress will therefore have sessions that explore sustainable uses of colour and the synergies between technology and nature.
From July 2012, the organising committee AIC 2013 will be inviting submissions for papers that address any aspect of colour. Meanwhile, the organising committee invites expressions of interest for special symposia that could take place as part of the Technical Programme. Expressions of interest should be mailed to either of the Technical Programme Chairs (Stephen Westland, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org; Sophie Wuerger, mailto:email@example.com) and should include the title of the symposium, the organiser, the names of the speakers and titles of the talks, and a brief synopsis of the indicative content (approx. 200 words). Symposia that are accepted will appear in the Call for Papers to be released on 2nd July 2012. However, inclusion in the Call is no guarantee that the symposium will take place since it depends upon the number and quality of papers that are submitted in accordance with each symposium.
Nos complace invitarlos a ArgenColor 2012, 10° Congreso Argentino del Color, organizado por el Grupo Argentino del Color (GAC) y la Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo de la Universidad Nacional del Nordeste. Se realizará los días 29, 30, 31 de agosto y 1 de septiembre de 2012, en la Facultad de Arquitectura y Urbanismo de la Universidad Nacional del Nordeste, Resistencia, Chaco, Argentina. Esta invitación está abierta a oyentes y participantes. Estos últimos pueden presentar ponencias o pósters. También se dará lugar a mesas redondas y a expositores comerciales, proveyéndoles un espacio para desplegar sus productos o folletos.
Temas que pueden ser tratados:
Instrucciones para enviar resúmenes:
- El color en el arte y la cultura
- El color en el diseño y la arquitectura
- Ciencia y tecnología del color
- Vision y percepción del color
- Enseñanza del color
TÍTULO (Times Roman 12, negrita, alineación izquierda, mayúscula)
El formato de página es: hoja A4, márgenes izquierdo y derecho 3 cm, superior e inferior 2,5 cm. Todo en interlineado simple en Times New Roman 12. Los párrafos van justificados y con sangría de 0,5 cm en la primera línea a partir del segundo párrafo. En el resumen deben constar los objetivos del trabajo y el aporte o enfoque original que éste implica, resultados obtenidos y el aporte que el trabajo hace al tema del color. Extensión hasta 400 palabras. Al pie de la página indicar en que área temática se inscribe: Arte y Cultura, Diseño y Arquitectura, Ciencia y Tecnología, Visión y Percepción, Enseñanza, así como los equipos necesarios para su presentación.
- Autores (Idem no en negrita y solo APELLIDO en mayúscula)
- Lugar de trabajo, Facultad, Universidad
- Dirección postal
- E-mail: primer autor
Dirección de envío de resúmenes de ponencias: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, indicando en el asunto: Congreso color, seguido del apellido del primer autor.
Los datos en el cuerpo del mail serán los siguientes:
Los trabajos deben ser inéditos y serán evaluados por un comité científico. Los resúmenes serán publicados en el Cuaderno de Resúmenes. El texto no deberá tener errores a fin de agilizar la impresión. Oportunamente se comunicará si son aceptados con o sin correcciones y el día y horario de su presentación. En el caso de seleccionarse la modalidad póster, éste deberá ser de lectura vertical, tamaño 80 x 100 cm, y la responsabilidad del envío y retiro corre por cuenta de cada autor. Las ponencias completas serán publicadas en las actas que se distribuirán con posterioridad al congreso.
- Título del trabajo a presentar:
- Apellido y Nombre de los autores:
- Título profesional:
- Profesión, actividad u oficio:
- Institución a la que pertenecen:
- Ciudad de procedencia, Provincia, País:
- Modalidad de preferencia: oral o póster:
AIC 2012: In Color We Live – Color and Environment
- Interim Meeting of the International Color Association
- 22-25 September 2012
- Chinese Culture University, Taipei, Taiwan
Deadline for Abstracts Submission: extended to February 14, 2012
Understanding the effects of colors in natural and man-made environments contributes to creating healthier living spheres through color applications.
The aim of the conference is to explore and examine how color interacts with or influences our daily life.
The following list of Topics and Subtopics is non-exhaustive, and suggests a variety of topics and subtopics that could be addressed:
1. COLOR CULTURE: aesthetics, history, philosophy, transportation, food, medical & personal care, warning systems
2. COLOR COMMUNICATION: interpretations, color codes & symbols, language, semiotics, visual communication & design, color naming, color categorization, color order systems
3. COLOR & ENVIRONMENT: nature, lighting, interior design, architecture, landscaping & horticulture, urban design & planning
4. COLOR EDUCATION: pedagogy, curriculum design, electronic media applications, teaching aids
5. COLOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY: visual models, color physics, color chemistry, image reproduction, color management system, high dynamic range imaging, multispectral imaging, computational photography, multimedia in color imaging, 3D color imaging, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), display and printing, colorimetry, industry applications
6. COLOR PSYCHOLOGY: color perception, color preference, physiology & psychophysics, light & color interaction, color vision and aging, vision illusions and effects, defective color vision
7. COLOR IN ART AND DESIGN: fashion design, performance, painting, sculpture and installations, ceramics & glass, jewellery and metalwork, art conservation
8. COLOR SYNAESTHESIA & VISIONARY PROJECTS: color in cross-modal contexts, interactions between color and other senses, synesthetic color perception
Submit an abstract in English in order to participate with an oral paper or a poster presentation in the AIC 2012 Interim Meeting. Follow the submission template and guidelines provided at the website http://www.aic2012.org.
Interaction of Colour & Light in the Arts and Sciences
- Midterm Meeting of the International Color Association
- 7-10 June 2011
- University of the Arts, Zurich, Switzerland
Much interest is devoted to the interaction of colour & light in today’s scientific and artistic research communities. New technologies, materials and media are now being deployed to enhance and stimulate our experience of daily life in real and virtual, permanent and ephemeral environments. The aim of the AIC 2011 conference is to explore how the interaction of colour & light plays a crucial role in the perception, conception and realization of spaces and platforms in different fields from both a theoretical and practical point of view. Using terms and concepts such as appearance, interaction, performance, event, and by privileging the materiality, mediality and the interactive dimension of colour & light, the conference presentations should demonstrate how productive the theme of the INTERACTION OF COLOUR & LIGHT IN THE ARTS AND SCIENCES is. The fields of inquiry include: education, design, art, media, lighting, architecture, theatre, dance, as well as psychology, colour science and technology. The AIC 2011 Midterm Meeting aims to further discussion and nurture the latest findings in these various fields.
CONFERENCE TOPICS AND SUB-TOPICS
Submissions will be accepted for consideration in any of the topics mentioned below. Authors are required to name the most relevant topic and sub-topic with respect to their submissions’ content.
1. SPACE: visual culture, photography, design, lighting, interior architecture, architecture, urbanism, environment, landscaping; visionary projects
2. STAGE: performance, art, museography, scenography, techniques of staging, theatre, performing body, dance, movement, music, sound, virtual projects
3. EDUCATION: teaching aids, methodology, theory, terminology, static and electronic media, multimedia
4. PSYCHOLOGY: colour perception, harmonious interactions, emotional interactions, illusions resulting through light and colour interaction
5. SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: colour science, physiology and psychophysics, colour appearance and measurement, materiality, texture, surface, transparency and translucency, reflection and glossiness
6. COMPUTER GRAPHICS: colour in computer vision, colour in graphic design, multimedia in colour imaging, computer graphics scene rendering, virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) environments
Submit an extended abstract in English in order to participate with an oral paper or a poster presentation in the AIC 2011 Midterm Meeting. The length of the abstract should not be less than 500 nor more than 2000 words following the submission template and guidelines provided at the website http://www.aic2011.org.
Any accepted author is required to participate in the AIC 2011 Midterm Meeting and pay the early registration fee as a full delegate. If multiple, same-single-author abstracts are submitted and accepted, only one will be scheduled for oral or poster presentation. Multiple contributions as a co-author are only possible if another co-author registers, presents the paper and participates in the AIC 2011 conference.
Submit only unpublished works. Please send your submission as both an attached WORD-file (DOC or DOCX files) and a PDF-file (Acrobat). All submissions should be sent to: mailto:email@example.com
After sending your abstract, if you haven’t received a confirmation e-mail within three days, please contact: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: 1 December 2010
The AIC 2011 international colour conference is hosted by pro/colore - Swiss Colour Association.
For updated information, programme outline and registration details, please visit our website http://www.aic2011.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Zurich!
- Verena M. Schindler
- AIC 2011 General Chair
- Midterm Meeting of the International Colour Association
- E-mail: mailto:email@example.com
Color and Food: From the Farm to the Table
On behalf of the International Color Association (AIC) and the Argentine Color Group (GAC), we are delighted to invite you to the AIC Interim Meeting 2010, which will be held in Mar del Plata city, Argentina, from October 12 to 15, on the theme “Color and Food: From the Farm to the Table”.
The meeting will include keynote lectures by specialists, oral papers and posters on different aspects of color related to food, as well as a commercial market and an artistic exhibition. The theme of the meeting will be approached from different perspectives, including not only food technology and colorimetry, color chemistry and physics, but also commercial architecture and design, lighting, packaging, advertising and color communication, color psychology related to some aspects of food, consumer expectations, color preferences, the representation of color and food in the arts, and various other aspects of the interdisciplinary net that these two essential aspects of life interweave. We cannot live without food, and certainly life would be extremely ominous and difficult without color.
This is the second time that an AIC meeting or congress is held in Argentina. Various of the prospective attendants and also some of the present members of the organizing committee who participated at that moment, still have fresh memories of the 6th AIC quadrennial Congress held in Buenos Aires in 1989.
You will experience the friendly and open character of the Argentine people, who will warmly receive you in a country plenty of natural beauties and appealing cultural features.
Welcome to AIC 2010!
- Jose Luis Caivano
- Roberto Daniel Lozano
- organizing committee
- Omar Burgos
- president of the Argentine Color Group
CALL FOR PAPERS
The choice of the theme takes into account that the topic of color in food was not addressed to in any previous AIC meeting. It comprises a variety of aspects from technology to design, including architecture, biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, as well as social and economic aspects. The following list is non-exhaustive, and is merely orientative of the variety of topics that could be addressed:
Visit http://www.aic2010.org for updated information.
- color technology
- color instrumentation
- color chemistry
- color physics
- color & appearance
- commercial architecture
- color design & arts
- color communication
- consumer expectations
- color preferences
- color psychology
[Note, June 2011: the former website of the AIC 2010 Meeting does not longer exists, the documents have been moved to http://www.aic2010.blogspot.com]
In order to participate by presenting a paper or poster, please, prepare an abstract in English (not less than 300 words and not more than 500 words), following the model provided in http://www.aic2010.org/CALL-aic2010.zip. And send this abstract to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 30 March 2010.
- Reception of abstracts for oral papers and posters: 30 March 2010
- Acceptation of abstracts: 30 April 2010
- Advanced registration (necessary for publication in the Proceedings): from 1 May until 30 June 2010
- Reception of full papers for publicacion: 30 June 2010
All abstracts, posters and full papers for publication in the Proceedings must be in English. The oral presentation of papers could be delivered either in English, French, German, or Spanish. However, if French, German, or Spanish are used for the oral presentation, the power-point that is projected simultaneously with the talk must contain, in addition to the pertinent images, the English translation synchronized with the speech. This is the responsibility of the author, and in these cases the power-point with the English translation must be submitted before August 30 for approval of the scientific committee.